Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Favorite Book Characters


It's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the 
The Broke and the Bookish. This week's list is 

Top 10 All Time Favorite Characters


There are so many characters that I love, so I decided to limit myself to the Top 10 Female Characters. Even so, it was extremely hard to choose! In the end I just cheated and chose twelve. 


Kindred Spirits:

Anne Shirley
- Anne of Green Gables
Anne is definitely my favorite protagonist of all time. I read these books every year, and every time they make me laugh and cry.

Jo March
- Little Women
Jo is just so stubborn and perfect. And I love her in the 2nd and 3rd books in the series, when she's in charge of the home for orphans.

Kit Tyler
- Witch of Blackbird Pond
When I was younger, I probably read this at least three times a year. Kit starts off a proud, entitled girl, and changes so much over the course of the book.

Auden West
- Along for the Ride
This is a new favorite of mine. I just started reading Sarah Dessen and I love her writing/characters! Being the bookish/schoolish type, I can totally identify with Auden.

Endearing Spunk:

Hermione Granger
- Harry Potter
Of course no Top 10 character list would be complete without Hermione. Ms. Granger rocks my books!

Liesel Meminger
- The Book Thief
Ahh. Liesel! I can't even talk about you without choking up. I love this little girl.

Kate de Vries
- Airborn
Kate deVries, though not the main character in this book, is just so determined and steampunky and perfect. Love her!

Anidori "Isi"
- Goose Girl
This was the first Shannon Hale book I read, and I absolutely loved the character of Anidori/Ani/Isi. She went through so much, but never gave up hope.

Fearless:

Fire 
- Fire
I loved Fire - her strength, her power, all the difficult decisions she had to make. A great strong, complex female protagonist.

Lirael
- Abhorsen Trilogy
Lirael was a fascinating character. Not trusting herself, feeling outcast and out of place, then developing into such a powerful character. Love her!

Beatrice Prior
- Divergent
Of course I had to put in one of my newest favorite characters. I loved Tris in Divergent, and I can't wait to see how she handles things in Insurgent.

Aravis
- The Horse and his Boy
I had to include Aravis because this was the girl I pretended I was probably 80% of the time when I was growing up. She rode horses, went on quests, wore genie pants. Loved her!

What are your top 10 favorite book characters?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement