Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Book Quotes

Visit the Broke and the Bookish!
This week's Top Ten Tuesday question at the Broke and The Bookish asks:

What are your Top 10 Favorite Quotes from Books?

I was so excited when I saw today's topic. Some of the quotes popped into my head the instant I read the question. Others are from books/authors that I love as a whole, and it was painful to try and just pick just one excerpt. But I did it! Hope you enjoy!


All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
      - A Poem by Bilbo Baggins
         in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Fellowship of the Ring






"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets






“Some beautiful morning she will just wake up and find it is Tomorrow. Not Today but Tomorrow. And then things will happen…wonderful things.” - Anne Shirley in L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Windy Poplars





“The minute we begin to think we have all the answers, we forget the questions.”― Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet






“The world isn't just the way it is. It is how we understand it, no? And in understanding something, we bring something to it, no? Doesn't that make life a story?” ― Yann Martel, Life of Pi





“I know that the whole point—the only point—is to find the things that matter, and hold on to them, and fight for them, and refuse to let them go.” - Lauren Oliver, Delirium





“There were two things about Mama. One is she always expected the best out of me. And the other is that then no matter what I did, whatever I came home with, she acted like it was the moon I had just hung up in the sky and plugged in all the stars. Like I was that good.” ― Barbara Kingsolver, The Bean Trees







Never promise to do the possible. Anyone could do the possible. You should promise to do the impossible because sometimes the impossible was possible. And if you failed, well, it had been impossible. - Terry Prachett, Going Postal








"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister in George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones









“Do you realise modern social mores exist for a reason?"
"I was hungry, allowances should be made.” 
― Gail Carriger's Soulless


What are your favorite book quotes?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement