Back to School 2016!!

Well, we are not officially back to school. Teachers report on Thursday and Friday for in-service and kids arrive on Tuesday... so we still have a few days!

But, I have been in my room for the past week working like mad trying to get ready! I'm using a lot of the same stuff I used last year, but did make some new additions.


 These are all back up from last year:


 Photo Display

Article of the Week (you can read about that here).

My "While You Were Out" board (read about that here).

Daily Agenda

My Objectives Wall (read about that here).

And here are some new displays:


 I freshened up the library with some inspirational signs and fun marquee lights!


 I am in LOVE with my Growth Mindset Posters! I could not get a great picture with decent lighting and no glare! But, trust me, they look amazeballs!!


Here is where I'll keep the kids posted on what I'm reading. 

And this is where I'll keep track of all the books we do a Book Talk about!

Well, that's about it for now... I'm exhausted and I know the next month will be crazy!! But, I've got a ton of great blog posts on tap for the 2016-2017 school year. Last year, I spent a lot of time talking about writing and this year I plan to focus on reading... teaching novels & short stories, working with nonfiction, developing reading comprehension, implementing guided reading (yes, even middle schoolers need it!), and reading workshop... so stay tuned!!

Hope everyone is have a great back-to-school season!

Happy Teaching!!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement