Writing with Mentor Texts Series - Lesson #4

Lesson #4 of my Free Writing with Mentor Texts Summer Series. Unpacking Heavy Sentences (Part 1).

Friends, I've got Lesson # 4 for you today!

It uses the book The Youngest Marcher: The Story of Audrey Faye Hendricks, a Young Civil Rights Activist.  The lesson I taught using it is about "unpacking heavy sentences," a phrase I first heard from the legendary Ralph Fletcher. It's a tricky lesson for middle school students to master, so the next lesson will talk about this, too!





Now that we are a few lessons in, I'm eager to hear what you think! Leave me a comment below or on my Facebook page :)


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


View the other lessons in this series:

Lesson #1
Lesson #2
Lesson #3
Lesson #4
Lesson #5
Lesson #6
Lesson #7
Lesson #8
Lesson #9
Lesson #10

Also available in my TpT store:

The Story of My Life - Cover Page Templates

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement