January Book Display - "Graphic Greats"

Happy New Year, Friends!!

Did you have a nice break?!? Agh!! I sure did. It was so great to eat, drink, and be merry with Mr. Musings and my kiddos.

I'm ready for January, though. In a few weeks, the classroom hits the "sweet spot." Relationships are established, routines are down, and expectations are clear, so as long as we don't get eleventy million snow days, and the weather doesn't get too warm, too early, we've got a solid three months of hardcore, uninterrupted LEARNING!!

Just wanted to start the new year by sharing the January Book Display. This one highlights a middle school favorite: GRAPHIC NOVELS!


January Book Display: "Graphic Greats"


I'll have you know that I put this display together on the day before break... it was a nutty early dismissal day: we had a drill and step assembly, which always gets kids wild; it was my student teacher's last official day, so we had a party complete with copious amounts of sugar, red dye 40, and Taki's; and we were watching (and singing along to!!) The Greatest Showman. Total chaos!!

But... once the kids saw this display, they were zeroed in and I'll say that more than half the books that went on this display were taken home by eager readers to enjoy over break.

#booksforthewin

Anyway, I've got some great titles on this shelf:

  • Yummy
  • Hey Kiddo
  • Monster
  • A Wrinkle in Time
  • The Golden Compass
  • The Graveyard Book
  • Smile
  • Drama
  • Ghosts
  • Nimona
  • Real Friends
  • All’s Faire
  • Roller Girl
  • Brave
  • Awkward
  • Babysitter’s Club series
  • March (Books 1-3)
  • Nathan Hale’s Hazardous Tales
  • The Hobbit
  • Anne of Green Gables
  • Call of the Wild
  • Diary of a Sixth Grade Ninja
  • To Kill a Mockingbird
  • City of Ember
  • Attack on Titan series
  • The Last Kids on Earth

Anyway, if you wanna put together a display like this in your classroom, hop on over to my TpT store and grab the poster. It takes a minute to put together, but I think it's totally worth it!!


So, I've got lots of good stuff planned for 2019. My hope is that I'll find time to share it all with you. As my kids get older, and sports and activities and play dates creep into my life, I am finding it harder and harder to balance it all. But, I've got some creative ways to create more space in my life this year, and so hopefully that will mean that I'll be able to share everything I hope to!!



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement