April/May Book Display (and a Freebie!!)


Animal Friends Book Display

Happy April, Friends!! We are still two weeks out from spring break, and boy!! I am SOOOO ready!! The crazy thing is, when we come back, it's practically May. MAY!! Can you even?!? This year is flying.

So, I've got my FINAL book display for the year for you today. I'm leaving this one up for April and May because with spring break and state testing and all the end-of-year festivities, instructional time takes a hit.

Animal Friends Book Display


This display is for books with lovable animal friends. Notice that I have some "elementary" reads gathered here. Most of my students read books like Because of Winn Dixie, Charlotte's Web, Shiloh, and The Tale of Despereaux in third and fourth grade. Typically, those books were read aloud to them, which creates such a comforting community of readers, and so the kids have fond memories of those stories. When you have a reluctant or struggling reader, pairing them with those books has a pretty magical effect. They already know and love the story, and so reading it again (this time on their own!) is not a daunting chore. It's often just the spark they need to become a reader.

If you make a book display for your classroom, I'd love to see it!! Tag me in your pictures :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * 

I also just posted these bookmark freebies over in my store:

Bookmarks for Reader's Workshop

If you follow me on FB or IG, then you saw these handy little things last week. One of my brilliant co-workers has been using these as an easy way to keep track of students' reading. I love this because when you sit to conference, you can help students set page goals for their reader's workshop time. How help for building speed and stamina?!? 

Bookmarks for Reader's WorkshopBookmarks for Reader's Workshop


So, a big shout-out to Jeff for this great idea and for allowing me to put them up in my store to share with you. Go grab yourself a copy!!





Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement