Full-Stop! Some Words on COVID 19 and School

Oh, friends.

Is this ever a TIME or what?!

I'm not even sure what to say.

So many of you have reached out for guidance on what "distance learning" should look like. And more than anything, I want to help you! But, I am struggling with it all myself.

We are in our fourth week out. On the last day of school (March 16th), our kids took home packets that contained two weeks worth of work. So, we are "technically" only two weeks into distance learning.

I am making mistakes. I am overwhelmed. I am worried. I am crying (daily!!). And... I am teaching my own four kids every day.

I want to tell you that I have an answer. That I know just what to do... but I don't.

I am right there with you in the trenches, trying to figure all this out via Zoom!!

Anyway, as of this week, I *think* I have a pretty decent plan and I will share it with you next week.

Until then, I am leaving you with the most BEAUTIFUL words written by fellow blogger, Jaime Ragsdale. Jaime is a relatively new blogger and I've watched the viral spread of her amazing post. Unfortunately, Jaime isn't necessarily getting credit for essay, so please visit her page and give her some love!!

 * * * * * * * * * *

From Jaime's blog www.altogethermostly.com:

What if instead of “behind” this group of kids is advanced because of this? Let’s talk about helping our kids during social distancing.

Hear me out.

What if they have more empathy, they enjoy family connection, they can be more creative and entertain themselves, they love to read, they love to express themselves in writing.

What if they enjoy the simple things, like their own backyard and sitting near a window in the quiet. What if they notice the birds and the dates the different flowers emerge, and the calming renewal of a gentle rain shower?

What if this generation is the ones to learn to cook, organize their space, do their laundry, and keep a well-run home?

Helping Our Kids During Social Distancing

What if they learn to stretch a dollar and to live with less? What if they learn to plan shopping trips and meals at home.

What if they learn the value of eating together as a family and finding the good to share in the small delights of the everyday?




What if they are the ones to place great value on our teachers and educational professionals, librarians, public servants and the previously invisible essential support workers like truck drivers, grocers, cashiers, custodians, logistics, and health care workers and their supporting staff, just to name a few of the millions taking care of us right now while we are sheltered in place?
What if among these children, a great leader emerges who had the benefit of a slower pace and a simpler life. What is he or she truly learn what really matters in this life? Let’s talk about helping our kids during social distancing.

What if they are ahead?

Thank you for joining me for this time of reflection. If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to share it. You can learn a little about me over here.
I love connecting with my readers. Please leave a comment, subscribe to my email list, or find me on social media: Facebook or Instagram.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
You are so right, my friend. What if...
Thank you, Jaime!


A Little About Me – Jaime Ragsdale




Jaime and the Mr.
My Passions Include:


  • Finding Delight in Children
  • Money
  • Debt-free Living
  • Happy Marriage
  • Cooking and Baking
  • Cozy Minimalism
  • Organization
  • Home Design
  • Strategy and Goal-setting
  • Reading and Learning
  • Nature
  • Amateur Photography
  • Developing People
  • Learning Self-Care
  • Simple, Peaceful Living
  • And Getting is Altogether Mostly




I believe that every single person has a gift to share with the world. I love encouraging friends to live their best life so they can share that gift. I’m passionate about grace, justice, mercy, second chances, empathy, compassion, joy, and beauty. I use empathy and a little tough love to bring out the best in people.
We are passionate about our calling to be the parents we can possibly and we love helping others do the same. Here you’ll find encouragement and inspiration to become your best YOU.
Respectful Parenting
I have a Bachelors Degree in Theology, Masters Degree in Organizational Leadership.  I also earned a Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) Certification and served in business in the financial services world for many moons before becoming a Work-from-Home mom.
I live in the Midwest United States with my amazing husband and wonderful children.


What if our kids are ahead after quarantine?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement