Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books I'd Play Hooky With

It's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the The Broke and the Bookish. This week it's Top 10 Books I'd Play Hooky With.


Last week the Top Ten Tuesday was Top 10 on my TBR list. So since those were the books I'm most anticipating, I'm interpreting this week's theme as being Top 10 Old Favorites. All the stories listed below are a perfect blend of cozy, familiar, and satisfying as a warm mug of hot chocolate. Perfect for a call-in-sick-and-curl-up-on-the-couch-day. I mentioned some of these in my Valentine's Day post, but the ones here are only the very creamiest of creams, in no particular order:

Top 10 Books I'd Play Hooky With:
Old Favorites
1. Anne of Green Gables (the series) - L.M. Montgomery
2. The Witch of Blackbird Pond - Elizabeth George Speare
3. The Chronicles of Narnia (starting with the Magician's Nephew) - C.S. Lewis
4. Little Women (the series, most importantly: Little Men and Jo's Boys) - Louisa May Alcott
5. The Dark is Rising  (series) - Susan Cooper
6. Many Waters - Madeline L'Engle
7. A Little Princess - Frances Hodgson Burnett
8. Fairy Rebel - Lynne Reid Banks
9. Lord of the Rings (series)- J.R.R. Tolkien
10. Harry Potter (series) - J.K. Rowling


Runners-Up: Little House on the Prairie - Laura Ingalls Wilder //Search for Delicious - Natalie Babbit //The Book of Three - Lloyd Alexander

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement