I'm Still Here!!

But, I've just been sooooooo darn busy!! With the end of my school year, my husband's school year, and my kids' school year quickly approaching, I'm spent!! Ahhhh!! My blogging is definitely behind!

Anyway, I have such a love/hate relationship with June... LOVE all the end-of-year festivities! HATE all the end-of-year paperwork! LOVE that summer break is almost here! HATE saying good-bye to my kiddos. LOVE beach days! HATE spending a great deal of my summer preparing food and cleaning my kitchen (how do four little children eat so much?!?).

Anyway, I don't have much today, except for some news!

This summer, I'll be teaching writing to our incoming 7th graders for our district's summer learning program. All of these students will be in my 2016-2017 class, so the lessons that I do with them will need to be brand-new and something that I won't be using during the school year.

That means that I'll need to be creating a whole bunch of all new Writer's Notebook lessons.

I've decided to base those lessons around some of my favorite mentor texts:


PICTURE BOOKS!!!

In my opinion, picture books make some of the best mentor texts for young writers. I've got some really great lesson ideas in mind and I just wanted to let you know that as summer progresses, I plan to share each and every lesson with you FOR FREE right here on the blog!! EEKK!! I'm so excited!!

So, for the next two weeks, I'll be dealing with all the end-of-year hoopla, so I may be a bit quiet, but stay tuned for a super-exciting July soaked with lots of great FREEBIE lessons that you can use in your upcoming school year!

Hope the end of the year is treating you all well!!

Happy Teaching!!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement