September Book Display - "Middle School Mayhem"

Get you students super excited to dive into these books all about life in middle school with this amazing book display!

Hey Friends!!

Holy cow.

I.am.tired.

And, here's the kicker: the students don't even arrive until tomorrow!!

That's right. Professional development and classroom set-up has just about killed me! Anyway, I am hoping to film a classroom tour next week. I wanted to let the kids live in the space a little so you could see what it REALLY looks like instead of the Pinterest-perfect it is right now. But, I wanted to take a minute to share with you my FAVORITE new edition to our room this year: the Book Display!

I got the idea from Pernille Ripp's Passionate Readers. Seriously, friends. Read this book! I didn't think I needed another reader's workshop book in my life, but, apparently I did 'cause this book was awesome!

Anyway, she talks about using book displays in your classroom and I listened. Here is what will be on display through the month of September:

"Middle School Mayhem" book display

My plan is to dedicate this book shelf to a new "theme" this month and use the books on display for our book talks.

I.AM.IN.LOVE!!!

And the best part, there's a spotlight!!!!!!! Isn't that just so extra?!?

"Middle School Mayhem" book display


Here are the books included on the shelf:

Middle School: Jackie Ha-Ha
After the Shots Drop
Wonder
Middle School: The Worst Years of my Life
Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret
Where You’ll Find Me
Mrs. Bixby’s Last Day
The First Rule of Punk
Ghost
Patina
Sunny
You Go First
Lily and Dunkin
Frazzled: Everyday Disasters and Impending Doom
Invisible Emmie
Swing It Sunny
Real Friends
Diary of Wimpy Kid series
The Best Man
Front Desk
Fish in a Tree
The Seventh Wish
The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora
Lions and Liars
Save Me a Seat

Now, do have lots more books that are about life in middle school in my class library, but they couldn't all fit on the shelf. There wasn't any real rhyme or reason to choosing these title other than I've read and liked all of them so they make for easy book talks.

If you want to make one of these babies for yourself, the "Middle School Mayhem" backdrop is available in my store. I stuck it to a standard, cardboard trifold (with Velcro so I could change it out every month) and stuck it on top of my cheapy bookshelves from Walmart that I've had for YEARS!!



"Middle School Mayhem" book display



I will caution you that this takes a minute to make, so please don't think it's print-and-go. You need to assemble it like a puzzle and tape it together, but it's worth the labor. Trust me!!

Okay, Friends. I'm going to sleep! Wish me luck tomorrow as I meet my kiddos!

Hope the beginning of the year is going well for you all so far! Stay tuned for that classroom tour :)




P.S. Don't ask about the black posters over the trifold. They were modeled after these amazing gems from Hello Literacy. I made them real quick at school and then forgot to hit "save" when I was closing out my eleventy million tabs. The shame. 




Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement