Posting a Daily Agenda in Google Classroom

How is everyone? I put a post up over on Facebook yesterday and the responses just broke my heart. I know that we are not okay. I know this is not sustainable. I know we are drowning.

Taking care of ourselves right now needs to be our TOP priority. This year, I'm on elementary time and not middle school time. This means that if I wake up at my regular 5:15am, I have an extra hour to do 20 minutes of yoga (shout out to my girl, Adriene, who is nothing short of amazing!!), a Calm meditation, and drink my coffee slowly. You have no idea how much I'd rather just hit snooze 6 times, but I sorta think this morning ritual is SAVING me right now.

I do hope you are finding a way to take care of yourself. I know it's not easy for many of us to put ourselves first, but it's necessary in times like these.

Okay... sharing a TIP and a FREEBIE today!

Each day, when my kids come into our Zoom session, I have an Agenda slide on my screen. This Agenda slide accomplishes three things. First, it lets them know the day/date. Next, it our objective (learning goal) for the day and our plan for the day. Finally, there is a "Do Now" question they can answer in the chat. These slides have been so great that I'm pretty sure I'll use them forever and not just during this weird time.


The best part is that I have them pinned as a "Material" at the top of our "Classwork" feed and so I can update them each day on my master and the kid will all get the updated version next time they open it. This is SO STINKIN' HANDY when a student is absent!! They can just go to the slideshow and see what they missed.


I made a video of how I use these and it's up in my stories today on IG and FB. I've also saved it to my "Tech" highlight on IG.

You can get a copy of my template HERE.

I hope that was helpful :)

Okay, friends... hang in there! I know it seems impossible, but just do what you can, when you can, and remember to take care of yourselves.







Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Iklan In-Feed (homepage)

" target="_blank">Responsive Advertisement